I got this on my e-mail today and I REALLY HOPE IT’S A JOKE. The question is: Is this what men secretly dream about even today?
In 1955 an article called The Good Wife’s guide was published. Here are a few tips:
- Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a meal ready on time for his return. This way you will let him know that you have been thinking about him and his needs . Most men are hungry when they get home and a delicious meal makes a warm welcome.
- Prepare yourself. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
- Minimize all noise. At his arrival, eliminate all noise of household appliances. Encourage the children to be quiet.
- Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show desire to please him.
- Listen to him. You may have important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first – remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
- Don’t complain if he’s late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Try to understand that he is stressed out from work.
- In the end, don’t question his actions, judgment or integrity. He is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness.
- And remember- A good wife knows her place.